Eric is the founding principal of Fathom Law and a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. He has over 20 years of experience in corporate, securities and intellectual property law. He advises entrepreneurs, emerging growth and middle market companies in all aspects of business formation, governance, corporate finance, commercial and IP transactions and mergers and acquisitions. He also represents angel and venture capital investors, private equity firms, investment bankers and broker-dealers in connection with regulatory matters, investment and finance transactions.
In addition to his legal experience, Eric is a former digital media company founder and is an active angel investor and member of SF Angels and Keiretsu Forum. This diverse expertise enables Eric to offer his clients a unique integrated counseling approach that balances legal protection and corporate best practices with business, technical, investment and strategic considerations.
Eric is regularly recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer in Business and Corporate law. He serves on the advisory boards of numerous notable technology companies. Eric is the co-creator of the popular PitchForce venture competition, the chair of the annual MobiTech mobile technology conference, and a regular panelist and mentor at a wide range of technology events and accelerators.
- LeClairRyan, Shareholder and Head of West Coast Venture Technology Practice, 2011 – 2013
- Bullivant Houser Bailey, Shareholder, Board of Directors, 2008 – 2011
- Jacobs & Ferraro, Founding Partner, 2001 – 2008 (acquired by Bullivant Houser Bailey)
- Independent Recording Industry Services, Inc., Founder, Board of Directors, 2003 – 2012 (acquired by a division of Sony Music Entertainment)
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, University of Vermont, 1988
- J.D., Honors, Golden Gate University School of Law, 1994; Editor, Law Review