Jeff is a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. He has broad experience in securities, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and commercial transactions in a variety of industries, particularly emerging growth, IT, software and digital media. His capital-raising experience includes seed financing with debt and equity offerings as well as company-side and investor-side venture capital deals in both early stage and later rounds. Jeff also advises acquirers, targets and major shareholders in M&A transactions. In addition to his transactional experience, Jeff has litigated in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate level and has represented clients in a variety of mediation and arbitration settings. He has also counseled clients regarding regulatory actions involving state and federal agencies and self-regulatory organizations, including the SEC, DOJ and FINRA.
Jeff is active in the California State Bar and is a past co-chair of the Corporations Committee of the Business Law Section. Before practicing law, Jeff conducted research in the computer modeling of composite materials and published several technical papers, including two in the Journal of Applied Physics.
- LeClairRyan, San Francisco, CA, 2011 – 2013
- Bullivant Houser Bailey, San Francisco, CA, 2008 – 2011
- Jacobs & Ferraro, San Francisco, CA, 2006 – 2008
- Gray Cary Ware & Friedenrich (now DLA Piper), Palo Alto, CA
- Holland & Hart, Boise, ID
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Idaho, 1995
- J.D., cum laude, University of Idaho, 1998; Editor-in-Chief, Idaho Law Review