Liz specializes in navigating the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. She has assisted hundreds of clients, including major brands, emerging technology ventures and entrepreneurs, register federal trademarks and protect their brands in the U.S. and internationally. She frequently drafts and responds to cease and desist letters, social media take-down notices and DMCA take-down notices. In addition to her federal and state trademark practice, Liz also represents her clients in connection with copyright law, Internet terms of service and privacy policies, corporate formation and employment counseling,
A native New Yorker, Liz is based in San Francisco but spends time on both coasts and represents clients across the country. She particularly enjoys working with technology start-ups and social media companies. Liz’s husband is a founder of the notable San Francisco startup, Storify, and their wedding was featured as a “social media” event in various press outlets.
Before becoming a lawyer, Liz worked both in commercial real estate and as a journalist at CBS News, where she participated in research and investigations for news stories on the CBS Early Show and 48 Hours Investigates. In her free time, Liz cycles, enjoys spin and yoga classes, skis and runs marathons.
- Oliner Law, San Francisco, CA, 2013-2014
- Brown-Forman, Special Counsel and Trademark Enforcement Attorney, 2013-2014
- Pranger Law, San Francisco, CA, 2012-2013
- Raj Abhyanker, LLP, Mountain View, CA, 2010-2012
- Estee Lauder, Trademark Legal Intern, 2008-2009
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, New York, 2010
- B.A., English Literature, Yale University, 2000