Holden is a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. He has broad experience in mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial transactions, entity formation and structuring, employment matters, entity reorganization including shareholder and partner buy-outs, negotiating and drafting complex commercial transactions and agreements, real property transactions, leasing and general business matters in a wide range of industries.
Holden has formed numerous businesses, ranging from international joint ventures, private equity funds, multi-national holding companies, to single owner California entities. Holden also acts as outside general counsel for companies advising them on all legal matters. Holden has represented buyers, sellers and other stakeholders in mergers and acquisitions, and advised clients in debt and equity offerings on the company-side and investor-side. Holden also represents clients in contested matters, has litigated in state and federal court, and is well-versed in alternative dispute resolution procedures, focusing on mediation and arbitration.
Holden is the Chair of the Partnership and Limited Liability Company Committee of the Business Law Section of the California State Bar, and has served as a Mentor for young attorneys in the Mentorship Program of the Business Law Section. Holden has special expertise in Russian affairs and law, and has worked in Russia on behalf of clients.
- Stein Law Group, San Francisco, CA, 2002 – 2014
- Crosby Heafey Roach & May (now Reed Smith), San Francisco, CA, 1999 – 2001
- Wendel Rosen Black & Dean, Oakland, CA, 1999
- Berry Moorman P.C., Birmingham & Detroit, MI, 1995 – 1998
- AmRos Partners, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1994
- J.D., Howard University School of Law, 1995; Captain, International Moot Court Team
- M.Phil., Russian Studies, Oxford University, England, 1992
- B.A., cum laude, with honors in Political Science, U.C. San Diego, 1988